Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Reflective essay

Being in a cluster this semester has been such a different but good experience for me. I didn't really know what to expect because i have never been in one, but it turned out to be exactly like high school for me, with the exception of the work load of course. I appreciated how it was easy to get the attention you needed from the professors, and they were almost always available to answer your questions and help you out. Before these classes, i was never the type to really analyze something in trying to find its deeper meaning and i found that it helped me a lot in changing that. I have to say that i enjoyed all my classes very much. With Louie's class on a Monday morning for 3 hours straight i thought i was going to die, but it turned out to be interesting and my incentive to actually wake up and get myself to class. This isn't my first college experience, but i have never met such an outgoing professor like Louie. He talks about anything with us like if we're his peers instead of his students, and is an intelligent man as well, i think people have a lot to learn from him about the media and society. In Dr.Smith's class i was able to let go of the fear of other people reading my work. I wasn't really open to the idea at first but then i just forced myself to get used it, it was my grade on the line after all. The blogs were actually very helpful in being able to share ideas and getting to read other peoples' work & getting feedback on your own. We wrote so much that way that it has also helped me improve my writing a bit, and I've appreciated that because i do actually like to write, so thanks for that. Last but not least, Dr.Rheuban's class. I feel like not that many people liked her class because she was went too deep into movies in trying to get us to point out the cinematic elements and motives behind them, but even though it was a bit overwhelming at times, i still enjoyed her class a lot and probably learned the MOST from that one. I love movies and it was cool to be able to learn their beginning and how it has evolved to modern times.
All in all this cluster has been very helpful to me in many ways. Ive had the opportunity to meet interesting people and professors that are there to help you when you need. Ive been able to stay focused on what I need to do and because of that i am where i want to be right now, with good grades and all :)

No comments:

Post a Comment