Thursday, April 8, 2010

Why I said what I said to Cynthia's and Barry's posts

When I read both of their posts, at first I had to reread them. I understood more or less the points that they were trying to convey but at times it was very unclear. In Cynthia's post I thought that she focused too much on explaining the ad itself when it was pretty self explanatory. She had a good idea in terms of the message behind the ad, but it got lost a bit as she went on to repeat herself on the actual image. In Barry's post, it seemed as if he went back and forth on the ad and what it meant but it was somewhat unorganized and made it hard to understand. They both had really good ideas but i think they had the same problem in focusing too much on trying to describe the ad instead of its meaning, so their ideas were kind of overshadowed by that. I think being a stranger to the paper's topic did somewhat affect the way i responded simply because i didn't know exactly what they were supposed to do, but it wasn't that big of a deal. After this exercise i basically learned to just focus on what needed some work and highlight the good aspects of whatever it is they're writing. You don't want to just bash that person's work, you want to point out what they can improve on to make them better writers.

No comments:

Post a Comment