Monday, March 22, 2010

Truman syndrome

After researching the Truman syndrome, it basically comes down to being a mental illness in which the person believes they are being on surveillance at all times. They get the notion into their heads that for some reason everything that they do is staged and set up for their “make believe” life. I think that with the many forms of technology we have today, its very possible to feel as if you are being watched. With webcams, all these chatting opportunities, and candid camera shows, I can see why somebody might think that they would be a victim to one of those shows. It might sound strange but I do myself feel that way at times. I wouldn’t say I suffer from the “Truman syndrome”, but I am naturally a nervous person, so I get this feeling sometimes that maybe somehow somebody out there is watching me. But then again I absolutely hate the attention, so it could be just my subconscious playing around with me. I got my information from wise geek.com, and I guess it sounds pretty legit since I checked out a couple of other sites, like an article on CNN which explained the same symptoms and such. I wouldn’t trust just ANY site, but once I look around a few other articles that have the similar story, then it starts to sound more convincing, especially if its on a reliable news source like CNN. Its hard to trust just any site on the web since anybody can post whatever they please and can put things that are completely bogus, but I’m fairly confident in the articles I got my information from.

No comments:

Post a Comment